Somehow we've gone two weeks without someone posting this - I'm pretty sure that's a record. I figure that we can start nominating folks so that we're ready to go when we hit public beta in a few weeks.
The following is shamelessly copied, with modifications, from SR's nomination thread:
Soon after the site launches into public beta, the Community Team will appoint provisional moderators from this community until the community graduates and is ready to hold its own elections.
Deep engagement in the community's development is required for all temporary moderator candidates. All potential candidates must:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
Candidates will be contacted and three of them will be selected to act as provisional Moderators until the community holds formal elections after the Beta period.
Nominating users to serve as moderators for the beta
For each user that you would like to nominate,
- post an answer containing the URLs to both of the user's main and meta profiles on this site
- make your answer community wiki (there's a checkbox in the answer form) so that candidates without editing privileges can edit in their acceptance
- optionally, link to the user's Area 51 profile or a profile from another site, or add a reason why you'd like him/her to moderate during beta
- self-nominations (i.e. posting your own profiles) are allowed and encouraged
- post each user as a separate answer, and add multiple answers if you wish to nominate multiple users
Additionally, if someone nominates you, please edit the answer to indicate your approval (or declination). Optionally, add a paragraph or two about yourself.
If you downvote a particular nomination, you are encouraged to share why you did so in the comments, though you are not required to do so. Optionally, you may do the same for upvotes.
For more information, see this blog post.