I've noticed that many of our answers are getting comments akin to "Thanks! This is a great recommendation!" or simply chatter
On other SE sites, this type of comment - one that isn't adding more than a 'thank you' - would be flagged as to chatty. Should we be doing that here, or should we take these are more explicit "I agree with this" endorsements?
I think if the comment is just saying "Thank you", it should be removed. The upvote is how you add your endorsement. If, however, you want to add some other information, then the comment is acceptable.
Below is a small sampling that I found while writing up this question:
- Looks great ;).
- I know! It's like the fashion statement for USB hubs :P
- Wow...thank you for pointing that out to me. face palm
- "multiple boyfriends/girlfriends', really :D? What if you just want to separate your business and private calls?
- Thak you for the recommendations. Kindle seems like a nice bet. I would like to wait some more time for more nice answers, before accepting one.
- Darn it! This is exactly what I was going to recommend... Ah, oh well :)
I don't want to squash the friendly atmosphere, but I do want a bit of clarification on how much chatter we want in the comments.